Live Virtual Core
CORE Training provides a unique learning experience that includes :
Opportunities to Share
Discuss your own current or past cases and explore how the Safe & Together Model could be implemented.
Improve your domestic violence-informed documentation through individual and group exercises.
Practice interviewing perpetrators, survivors and children through modeling, role play and videos.
Current session is full!
Empty space, drag to resize
Sessions will meet live for full day training on 13, 14, 20, 21 March 2024.
Why Core Training?
It’s not enough to talk about keeping children safe from domestic violence. It requires action through transformative practice. It requires a “whole of family” approach.” And requires an evidence-based approach being used by thousands of practitioners and organizations around the globe.
Through experiential exercises, discussion, videos, and lecture, you will learn the following:
- The fundamental elements of the Safe & Together Model like a perpetrator pattern-based approach and the Multiple Pathways to Harm assessment framework
- Core practice skills for working with the entire family including assessment, interviewing, documentation and case planning
- How to use our Perpetrator Pattern Mapping Tool to improve outcomes for families
- How the Safe & Together Model helps guide practice when cases involve domestic violence intersects, mental health and substance use
- How the Model’s Six Steps of Partnering with survivors helps identify the protective capacities of survivors, especially those from marginalized communities
- How the Model helps intervene with perpetrators as parents